Adding a backup camera or front camera to ANY Ford car or truck with a MyFord Touch 8" SYNC 2 Factory Display Radio could never be simpler and more affordable! Works only on MyFord Touch 8" SYNC 2 factory displays - see application section for details.
This CMOS license plate mounted backup camera kit will allow you to integrate rear view or front view safety to any vehicle with a license plate and an 8" factory MyFord Touch 8" SYNC 2 factory display. In fact, the camera can be converted to mount on any flat surface! All the cables are included and the 25' long harness terminates with an RCA connection so you can integrate into the included Multi-Camera Interface . The camera has adjustable tilt and comes with parking guideline options, meaning that the guidelines can be turned off. This camera can also be used as a front camera by simply switching it to a forward looking image on the harness during the installation!
The included multi camera interface module allows for up to 4 total cameras to be integrated into your factory MyFord Touch 8" SYNC 2 display . If used as a front camera it can be programmed to come on automatically and you can also view the camera(s) manually if desired (see below).
- Mini license bar universal mount camera
- Super CMOS sensor for ultra clear display (the best available)
- Resolution: 600 TV lines
- Minimum Illumination: 0.2 Lux
- View Angle: 170
- Video Output: Full color video
- Working Voltage: DC 9-16V
- Parking Line: On/Off selectable
- Image: Mirror/Non mirror selectable
- Water proof: IP67
- 25 foot harness
- 3 year warranty on the camera
- Uses existing 8” MyFord Touch SYNC 2 factory display-display radio not included
- Allows addition of front camera that can be automatically triggered using the radio power button below 7 mph
- Add side turn signal-activated cameras
- Pass through for existing factory backup camera (uses rear port circuitry so 3 ports would remain for additional cams if you are already equipped with a factory rear camera)
- Shuts off front camera at speeds over 7mph. Factory rear camera not available above 7MPH.
- Press and hold radio power button to manually activate cameras at speeds under 7mph
No monitor is included with this kit as it is designed to work with your existing 8" radio screen. This camera comes with a 3 year warranty and is guaranteed to fit or your money back. Professional installation is recommended.
The 8" interface module is compatible with MyFord Touch SYNC 2 displays in the following vehicles:
-2013-2015- C-Max, Escape, Fusion
-2013-2015- Edge, F150,F250, F350, Raptor, Focus, Taurus, Lincoln MKS, Lincoln MKT, Lincoln, MKX
-2015-2015- Expedition, Mustang
Install on either your license plate mount or on any flat surface - comes with two brackets. The camera power harness gets run to the included multi-cam interface where all the power, ground, and video connections are made. The multi-camera interface is plug and play with your factory radio wiring and does not require any dealer programming. It does require you to remove the radio in order to install.
Video System: NTSC
Vehicle Interface: Includes Factory Integration Module
Waterproof/Dustproof Level: IP 67
Night Vision: < .2 Lux
Power Supply: 12 Volts
Number of Cameras: 1
Wiring Type: Hard Wired Full Harness
System Manufacturer: EVI Systems
Camera Resolution: 600 TVL
Parking Guidelines: Selectable on/off
Camera Orientation: Front or Rear Facing
Fit Type: Universal fit
Connection: Plug and Play to Factory Dash Display
Sensor Type: Super CMOS
Viewing Angle: 170 Degrees
Camera Input Ports: 4
Warranty: 3 Year Limited